Sr. Director of IT Infrastructure
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Strategize and deliver all infrastructure (“End User computing, Hybrid/Cloud compute services, Network services, security infrastructure, service desk”) engineering and operations for the company
· Be accountable for customer satisfaction and SLA’s for all infrastructure services for the company
· Develop business and technical architectures for the infrastructure to be in alignment with the enterprise architecture principles & vision. Contribute to the development of broader enterprise architecture.
· Build and lead a high performing team to deliver best in class infrastructure services
· Develop and be accountable for critical vendor partnerships needed for success
· Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
· Collaborate and deliver to the business continuity and disaster recovery goals of the organization
· Manage financials for achieving lowest TCO for the infrastructure
· Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the services
· Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources
· Perform Infrastructure Engineering for Hybrid/Cloud compute, Network (WAN, LAN, Wi-fi etc), and end user computing areas
· Responsible for all enterprise infrastructure including engineering sites, retail sites, service facilities, charging locations, manufacturing facilities, other locations as part of the company.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization progressing forward (“not just motion”)
· Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
· Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
· Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a win win mindset
· Attracts & Manages top talent – Attracts, selects, and motivates best talent to meet current and future needs of the organization. Builds a high performing team.
· Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
· Infrastructure Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
· Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
· Strategic mindset – Able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution is a glide path into the future vision
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto, CA, Irvine, CA, Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.