Vulnerability Management Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· The Vulnerability Management Engineer is a hands-on technical role which plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cyber security posture for Rivian
· Establish & run a vulnerability management program.
· Build relationships and operationalize technologies and processes
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 5+ years of cyber security experience.
· Experience establishing a vulnerability management program
· Tasked with performing comprehensive vulnerability assessments and continuous monitoring across the organization.
· Knowledge of managing the entire lifecycle of vulnerabilities from discovery, triage, advising, remediation, and validation.
· Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders to perform vulnerability assessments on systems or applications before going live rollouts.
· Triaging vendor patch releases as well as security bulletins and make recommendations on required remediations.
· Examine systems and applications to assess the current security posture.
· Manage vulnerability related tickets to ensure issues are remediated within proper timelines.
· Establishing SLAs for remediation and experience of creating useful metrics that will help various stakeholders (remediation owners and executives)
· Penetration testing expertise is preferred.
· Experience working at an AWS centric environment.
· Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cyber security controls
· Advise project teams on security requirements for new projects
· Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
· Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
· lead cross-functional team efforts
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Cyber Security
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.