Staff Software Engineer, Backend - Charging
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
The Rivian Digital Commerce Team develops and manages the revenue generating digital properties which link our customers to our physical services. We are developing a world-class e-commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. To that end, we are building, from scratch, a Vehicle Charging infrastructure that will allow our customers and owners to acquire charging resources for their vehicles. We are seeking highly passionate and customer focused Staff Backend Software Engineers to design and build this platform. This is an incredible opportunity to envision, design and build this entire infrastructure from the ground up.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Partner closely with Product to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions.
· Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of product development life cycle.
· Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 8+ years of relevant industry experience, with 5+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems.
· Experience building micro-services at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second in cloud environment – AWS/GCP/AZURE
· Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – centralized logging, tracking
· Experience developing API’s with the care they deserve – REST with OpenAPI, Swagger
· In-depth knowledge of Web protocols, experience with AWS, Java/Kotlin/Spring-Boot/Python, Kubernates, Kafka and related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, BitBucket
· Strong computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patterns with a proven track record of software design
· Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices – specifically containers and container orchestration platforms
· Knowledge of OCPP, OCPI, and ISO 15118 Plug & Charge standards highly desired
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine, San Jose, Palo Alto CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.