ADAS Sensor Calibration Engineer, Self-Driving
Normal, IL /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
- Support requirements for ADAS / AD sensor calibration at end of line and also for Rivian’s aftermarket service strategy
- Test calibration routines for cameras, radars, and lidars to ensure specified accuracies are achieved for Rivian’s LabCar/HIL environment, Rivian’s manufacturing facility and in future service environments
- Ensure that key calibration issues are managed and executed as required
- Support requirements for diagnostic interfaces of sensors and modules to overall vehicle common diagnostic standards
- Support Rivian’s MES system in tracking calibration results for vehicle quality management
- Troubleshoot calibration issues to determine root causes for calibration failures.
- Interact with supplier development teams that provide calibration routines for the sensors and modules they provide Rivian’s vehicles
- Support re-flashing software for various modules and sensors using internal and/or third party tools.
- Work closely with testing and validation team to ensure calibration performance meets requirements for safety and functional requirements.
- Understanding from the full vehicle perspective of different ADAS features
- Make recommendations and participate in software quality improvement activities for all applications in assigned areas and follow all Software Quality Management Processes
- Review and use requirements and architect documents to design Calibration tests, implement and execute them.
- Support end-of-line and aftermarket machinery and interface equipment supplier in the development and maintenance of machinery used for calibration
- Coordinating the deliverables along with Self Driving Test and Validation, Design and Release Engineers, and System Engineering teams
- Check for the compliance of System and Functional Calibration towards Legal standards, Safety requirements(ISO26262, SOTIF) along with responsibility for improving test coverages and test metrics
This is what you’ll need:
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, computer science, automation or automotive engineering
- Ability to thrive under pressure, uncertainty and time constraints
- Apply creative and critical thinking to deliver exceptional results
- 5+ years of experience in Software or System integration & testing for automotive or aerospace applications
- 2+ years of experience in development of ADAS systems and features.
- 1+ years of experience in OEM manufacturing processes and environment or support thereof
- Good understanding of system level testing concepts, techniques and test strategies for ADAS / AD systems
- Experience in vehicle networks (CAN, LIN, Ethernet etc) and its testing (CANoe, CAPL scripting etc.)
- Flexible, willing to travel (8-12 weeks / year) and participate in test drives (international travel possible)
- Good English skills verbal / written (additional languages encouraged)
- Using Python or other scripting tools to write tests for automotive calibration routines (UDS / ISO 14229 development)
- Experience in working with calibration equipment and tools
- Experience writing SOPs, process documentation, and technical process training
- Hands on experience with Agile development methods (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.