Capital Equipment Manager - Stamping
Plymouth, MI /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Utilize strategic sourcing process to scope, identify, negotiate and implement, install and commission Stamping Capital Equipment.
· · Engage and support other functional groups on scope and RFQ development, contract negotiation, cost reduction and installation.
· · Provide in-depth analysis of total spend data to identify opportunities for short-term improvements and strategic initiatives
· · Recommend solutions to business problems and/or identify opportunities for improvement, and present ideas to senior leadership
· · Program manage the rollout of selected technologies and systems to internal and external stakeholders
· · Engage with and support manufacturing leadership in identification of technologies and suppliers for fabrication of Rivian’s Normal, IL manufacturing facility
· · Oversee RFI/RFQ/RFP and strategic sourcing process for all stamping capital equipment across all Rivian facilities (as applicable)
· · Drive success through empowering your team, leading by example and removing roadblocks
· · Communicate clearly to internal and external stakeholders, remaining composed under pressure while adapting to a dynamic work environment
· · Support business planning initiatives and milestone attainment
· · Build and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers, acting as the lead for all commercial issues
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelors Degree or 10+ years of relevant work experience
· 7-10 years’ experience in Press Room/ Stamping/Automation Equipment, sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management
· Demonstrated success in performing spend analysis while managing the entire RFI/RFQ/RFP process
· Experience in leading and managing sourcing projects that support cross-functional internal organizations
· Experience in building high performing strategic teams and developing talent into leadership positions
· Demonstrated ability to identify process issues and drive improvements that improve operational efficiency
· Knowledge and experience with stamping dies and automation is a plus
· Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
· Program management skills in order to track and report on project open issues and status
· High level of integrity
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering-Stamping
Location: Plymouth, MI. and Normal, IL.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.