Sr. Manager, Service Global Warehouse Operations
Irvine, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Responsible to develop and manage overall safety, quality, efficiency, inventory and process adherence for all Rivian Service Warehouse Operations. This role will be responsible to execute operational and distribution strategies to enhance the Rivian Service Network, inclusive of all operations from inbound receiving to outbound fulfillment. This role will lead key operational programs partnering with other cross-functional teams (New product introduction, Logistics, Field operations, Planning) to support go-to-market strategies. This role will require transformational capability and consistent strategic focus to challenge current practices of distribution and warehouse management.
· Develop and execute the Service distribution business plan to achieve facility/operational performance goals (System Fill Rate, Backorders, Network Inventory, Productivity, Lost Time, Inventory Accuracy, Cost)
· Strategically manage the Warehouse/supporting teams across multiple sites, including any related logistics, transportation and customer service functions
· Ensure all locations are consistently meeting cost, productivity, compliance and timing targets within operations (pick, pack & ship, kitting, packaging, returns, BOL, invoices/customs documentation)
· Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian’s platform and new technologies
· Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
· Advise and adjust organization on new strategic developments to scale, automate, and grow
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 7-10+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis in Logistics, Transportation, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
· BS/BA in Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
· MS or MBA a plus in related discipline
· Direct Management experience within a fast-paced distribution environment – Service distribution a plus
· Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
· Extensive knowledge/experience setting up and managing Warehouse Operations – Service distribution a plus
· Clear understanding of warehouse management systems and the interaction with ERP systems
· Knowledge of international compliance, and logistics for expanding global footprint
· Experience in leading teams with a proven track record of performance in an automotive/high-tech environment
· Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
· Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Irvine CA, Remote work opportunity
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.