Vehicle Dynamics Systems Engineering Manager
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Vehicle Dynamics /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage the team responsible for Systems Engineering of complex Chassis and Powertrain mechatronics
- Connect vehicle level features and requirements to the Chassis, Powertrain and Controls Systems domains to create innovative solutions
- Own the flow and cascading of requirements and target setting for vehicle level features in the design phase as well as the activities and planning required for validation of those features in the build/testing phase for each vehicle program
- Provide input on future program direction using systems engineering tools such as multi-dimensional impact analyses
- Work cross-functionally with other system domains to deliver complex distributed functions
- Work directly with Chassis/Powertain Hardware and Software engineers to design, develop, implement, and test integrated Chassis/Powertrain Systems
- Support Functional Safety concept definition and implementation
- Work at all levels of the V-model to ensure system delivery
- Manage the team to deliver system level engineering analysis including DFMEA, DVP, Requirements documentation, FSC, and boundary diagrams
- Create and manage timing plans that ensure successful completion of Systems Engineering milestones per the master program timing schedule
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Chassis/Powertrain mechatronic systems
- Experience in successfully leading an engineering team from concept to production on at least one vehicle program
- Working understanding of vehicle networks (CAN)
- Must be familiar with DFMEA/DVPR usage and review of these documents
- Experience fulfilling ISO26262
- Understanding of automotive development processes and V-cycle
- Ability to understand Engineering direction and provide design concepts accordingly
- Collaborate with larger teams of peer designers, engineers, functional teams
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Vehicle Dynamics
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.