Workplace Operations & Hospitality Coordinator, Facilities
Normal, IL /
Facilities – Facilities /
The Workplace Operations and Hospitality Coordinator is part of the Facilities Operations organization. The primary function of this role is to oversee the employee experience for employees visiting the Normal Plant and coordinating a positive experience!
This role will be responsible for creative project management, coordination, and execution of workplace events, hospitality arrangements, coordinating group travel, and collaborating with internal Rivian stakeholders.
This is what you'll do:
- Create the vision for workplace events and hospitality.
- Oversee and coordinate on-site catering load in, setup, operations, and breakdown for meal services for specific events/programs.
- Ensure that all facilities are set up according to Rivian standard with energy efficiency, cleanliness, spacing, and impeccable presentation in mind.
- Ensure client needs are met with enthusiasm!
- Anticipate event needs based on expected guest count, difficulty of event set up, client requests, and other unexpected needs
- Maintain a neat and organized work area adhering to sanitation standards according to Rivian expectation and state law. This includes the cleaning and storing of equipment before and after events.
- Prepare and distribute event communications.
- Support specific events that involve travel through: Researching and comparing available travel and hotel accommodations to identify the best available options.
- Prepare travel itineraries and distributing travel arrangements and schedules to all employees.
- Advising travelers of and assisting with any need for specialized travel documents
- Laison between multiple vendors and suppliers. Build and maintain relationships with local vendors, ensuring high quality catering partnerships.
- Develop strong internal working relationships with all departments. Maintain effective communication between all team members regarding catering and event operations, safety, and employee concern.
- Collaborate on adhoc projects.
- Budget forecasting and management for facilities events and hospitality—manage, record and maintain purchasing expense reports, PO’s, and provide regular reporting.
This what you'll need:
- A positive attitude
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) required, 3-4 years of prior receptionist and/or Human Resources or related experience required;
- Proven excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of international and external customers;
- Basic Microsoft Office abilities and proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products, internet and websites required.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.