Sr. Preconstruction Manager, Facilities
Irvine, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
This is what you’ll do:
· The Sr. Preconstruction Manager will work closely with Construction Managers and support project teams to ensure all financial, administrative, contractual, and technical aspects of the assigned project are being executed as required.
· The primary function of the Sr. Preconstruction Manager is to provide preconstruction services to the Facilities Construction team with primary responsibility for leading and managing all estimating portions of projects. The Sr. Preconstruction Manager reports to the Director of Construction.
· Develop and maintain an internal cost history database for all trades through conceptual estimating, analysis of bid results, construction and close-out
· Assist the Supply Chain (Purchasing) in maintaining current prequalification information and status of contractors and vendors
· Lead in the development of internal department estimating procedures and standards
· Assist in the formulation the project budget and qualifications, and assist in the development of trade bid packages and the preparation of Contracts and/or Purchase Orders.
· Assist project teams in coordinating sub-consultant disciplines, and lead design-assist involvement and establish design-to-budget parameters with multiple trades from preconstruction, and through the buy-out of those trades
· Provide value engineering assessment of alternative design solutions including initial cost, schedule implications and construct-ability issues
· Manage or assist in the final scoping, award and buyout of all trades on hard-bid and negotiated projects
· Perform detailed take off and/or quantity surveys
· Prepare comprehensive bid forms, bid packages, scope sheets and contractor/subcontractor/vendor comparison sheets
· Prepare scope definition and inclusion/exclusion lists for all trades on a project
· Attend contractor/subcontractor/vendor job walks
· Engage, liaise, coordinate with the various stakeholders and departments for Facilities Construction projects (e.g. Workplace, Manufacturing, Retail, etc.); “The Customers”
· Promote and enforce all safety policies and procedures at the job site
· Review cost reports and participate in various financial and project review meetings
· Learn, understand and use all Rivian policies, procedures and software systems
· The Sr. Preconstruction Manager is expected to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with everyone with whom he/she works (customers, architects, subcontractors, and Rivian project team members). He/she will be expected to motivate others and contribute to the positive teamwork and morale of the project team.
This is what you’ll need:
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related subject and 10+ years of increasingly responsible estimating and project management experience.
· Proficient in the use of standard business software applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Expertise in Microsoft Excel
· Thorough understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, budgets, construction documents, change orders, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement.
· Understanding of scheduling applications and CPM scheduling methods
· Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods
· Ability to lead, train, inspire, nurture, and motivate others to perform up to their highest capabilities
· Proficient time management and organization skills
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Effective negotiation skills
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. However, there are occasions when duties require a presence on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
· Performance of the required duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Facilities (Construction Services)
Location: Irvine, CA or Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.