COUNSEL – REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION
Irvine, CA /
Legal, IP and Regulatory – Legal /
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Plymouth, Michigan, San Jose, and Irvine, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
This is WHO you are:
You are self-motivated, confident, a leader, have great communication skills, creative, and thrive in fast paced challenging environments.
This is what you’ll do:
· Review and draft complex real estate leases to include retail, service centers, EV charging stations, industrial buildings, and office space
· Lead and support negotiations with landlords, property owners, property managers, government bodies, and other third parties as needed
· Review and draft real estate purchase agreements
· Assist in the closing of real estate purchases to include coordination of all aspects of the transaction and closing process, including conducting due diligence, monitoring contingencies, conducting title, survey, and environmental reviews, preparing title objections, addressing zoning issues, clearing title and survey matters, and preparing conveyance and closing documents
· Draft and negotiate construction and design contracts to support the build out of Rivian facilities
· Provide ongoing legal support for the facilities team related to the real estate portfolio
· Support Rivian group merger, acquisition and financing activities as they relate to real estate issues
· Assist and support senior attorneys on the Real Estate and Construction legal team as needed
· This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Real Estate and Construction
This is what you’ll need:
requirements from hiring manager
· Must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school, and an active member in good standing of California Bar
· Must have 4-6 years of experience with strong commercial real estate acquisitions (with at least 3 years at a law firm)
· Ability to prepare, negotiate, and draft complex real estate leases, purchase agreements, and related real estate agreements as well as construction contracts
· Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure, and rapidly changing environments
· Excellent negotiation, organizational, and drafting skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and meet deadlines
· Understanding of the real estate market
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients to achieve goals
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Legal & IP
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.