Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Stamping Shop /
This is what you’ll do:
· Drive manufacturing feasibility based on to0l access and standard fastening methods into the basics of all design across the organization
· Provide support to the plant to ensure all Stamping and assembly methods are robust and adhered to
· Review operations and implement plans to improve repeatability and productivity
· Support vehicle development and design team to ensure proper assembly techniques are adhered to and properly documented for use in analysis, sourcing, and assembly
· Iterate on component design with design and release engineers based on assembly process and joining requirements to ensure a repeatable vehicle build with proper part fits and panel adjustments
· Provide joining guidelines, best practices, and simple tools to aid engineering in material, attachment, coating, and process selections
· Create 3D CAD and 2D drawing files to represent virtual build process for use in clearance studies and ergonomics
· Support component and system design simplification with an overall push for manufacturing and assembly in design
· Provide expertise on part receiving and rack design to facilitate removal and trouble-free assembly, be it via hand or lift assist.
· Provide subject matter expertise and support to Stamping, and closures integrators, either parts or equipment
· Work as a champion of good, fundamental design across the vehicle
This is what you’ll need:
· Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
· Understanding of various methods of component and assembly and associated part or assembly tolerances
· Experience with component specification standards and ANSI standards for GD&T
· Ability to review a design and process and provide suggestion to improve the repeatability of design
· An interest in advanced technologies and advancements in assembly methods
· Strong skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc.).
· This is someone who is comfortable on the shop floor as the role will have substantial follow through at the factory.
· Engineering degree or 5 years’ experience in stamping and assembly.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.