Sr. Manager, Built-In Quality Systems
Normal, IL /
Quality – Quality /
This is what you’ll do:
Provide leadership at Normal in implementing the QOS processes in concert with the strategic direction of the Rivian Quality Systems team:
· Support execution of QOS processes including but not limited to: incoming quality, Advance Product Quality Planning (both Process FMEAs and Control Plans), change management, document control (standards management), calibration, auditing processes (layered/internal), Measure to Control processes and labs management, etc.
· Develop and implement effective time and data management for quality across the Normal.
o Optimize meeting cadence to drive efficiency in daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual processes
o Ensure efficient flow of metrics (Key Process Indicators) to drive actions to close performance gaps
o Data analytics on KPIs (internal, warranty, customer, vehicle OTA, etc.)
· Establish in Normal the Rivian Problem Solving Processes which integrates multiple methodologies that can be applied across multiple types of issues yet standardizes the first principles of problem solving such as containment, root cause, corrective action and prevent recurrence.
o Accelerate culture establishment within the plant to minimize variation and waste through structured problem solving in everything we do (from design, through manufacturing and supply base)
o Aligning across the Normal organization to integrate common process, KPIs (measures of efficiency, effectiveness, etc) and tools to track our problem-solving efforts
o Lead and manage a portfolio of projects to drive business improvements and meet corporate financial objectives
o Develop, coach, train, and provide tools and project leadership to enable plants to achieve safety, quality, delivery, and productivity goals
o Support the Continuous Improvement Team with leadership on difficult issues.
· Participate with cross-functional teams to make improvements to products and processes ensuring the highest quality products are delivered to the customer and KPI’s are achieved.
· Provide a framework and process flow for promoting, reviewing and executing Safety/ Regulatory Issues over and above present problem-solving processes.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelors of Science in Engineering, or related field
· 10-15 years with leadership experience in large scale operations, driving business metrics and decisions
· Certified Lean Six Sigma or Shainin Black Belt with demonstrated leadership and results preferred
· Demonstrated statistical and problem solving capability
· Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple disciplines and diverse groups.
· Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with engineering, manufacturing and suppliers
· Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Normal, IL
We Are Rivian
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.