Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Production Control /
This is what you’ll do:
As a Material Handler you will be responsible for:
· Flow of materials and containers in support of production.
· Unloading of materials from delivery vehicles and the return of dunnage and empty containers.
· Provide input and support for material replenishment methods.
· The movement and processing of non-conforming and scrap material.
· The care and proper use of material handling equipment.
· Communicating with Team Leader/Group Leader to resolve material inventory problems.
· Understand and utilize standardized work
· Material flows in a manner that supports a FIFO strategy.
· The cycle counting of inventory.
· Supports Team Members and Team Leaders.
· Support resolving problems through a team-oriented approach.
This is what you’ll need:
· Previous Forklift experience preferred.
· Ability to understand tasks and responsibilities
· Good Communication skills.
· Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred.
· High School diploma or equivalent education experience.
· Computer skills with user level knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties.
· Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day
· Ability to to lift up to 50 lbs
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Production Control
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.