Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Test and Development /
This is what you’ll do:
· Support the Test and Development team with project planning and workload allocation
· Organize work requests based on workloads and knowledge base of peers
· Maintain a high level of communication with workshop manager, Prototype engineering and design engineers pertaining to workloads and team capabilities
· Assist in documenting all work performed
· Maintaining inventory lists of tools and equipment
· Creating and maintaining a work request system to facilitate a high level of productivity in the workshop
· Creating and managing timelines for larger projects
· Perform other duties as assigned, requested and needed
· Travel 20%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability.
Education And/Or Experience:
· 3+ years of technical work experience in the automotive industry. Electric/hybrid vehicle experience a plus
· 2+ years of experience in a service advisor, dispatch, or lead role
· Experience in a R&D position is a plus
· Valid driver’s license with clean record
· Strong automotive mechanical understanding
· Strong computer skills especially with work management systems
Language, Mathematical, And/OR Reasoning Ability:
-Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
-Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
-Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
-Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
-Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
-Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
-The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
-The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
-In the performance of the duties of this job the employee may be asked to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
-The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
-At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment.
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.