Purchasing Manager, Interiors
Palo Alto, CA /
Operations – Procurement Direct /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
· Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
· Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
· Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
· Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
· Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets
· Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
· Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
· Manage vehicle budget in collaboration with Rivian Finance team
· Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
· Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Effective negotiation experience specific to automotive, specific to body
· Good interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of integrity
· Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
· Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with automotive, electronics or software/ hardware suppliers is a plus
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.