Senior Software Engineer, Infotainment Imaging
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
This is what you’ll do:
· Create video-based applications and services for Rivian’s in-vehicle infotainment system which links drivers and passengers to their vehicle and the outside world.
· Research and propose end-to-end solutions for novel video-based use cases.
· Collaborate with Platform Software, HMI developers, System Design, and Test Engineers to implement a modern in-vehicle experience.
· Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues found during testing.
· Analyze and optimize runtime performance on leading-edge embedded hardware.
· Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces.
· Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related field.
· 10+ years development experience in one or more areas of computer vision, video, & 3D graphics.
· Understanding of camera models, calibration methods, distortion models and rectification methods is desirable.
· 5+ years experience with modern object-oriented languages: C++ (preferred) / Java / Kotlin. Proficiency with Python is a plus.
· Experience with POSIX-based embedded systems, one or more of Linux, Android, QNX.
· Experience optimizing algorithms to specialized compute elements (GPU, TPU, or DSP) is desirable.
· Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance.
· Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is strongly preferred.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
· Good team player with great communication skills.
· Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.