Facilities Engineer - Electrical Technician
Normal, IL /
Facilities – Facilities /
This is what you’ll do:
- Design engineering systems and components for industrial facility machinery and equipment
- Ensure the designs conform to recognized codes and standards; provide details and analysis
- Interact with project management and provide proposal and qualifications information to support the ongoing business goals of the department
- Communicate across disciplines and management teams, while maintaining professional presence in representing department in client meetings
- Manage and administrate Corporate capital, Overhead and infrastructure projects budgets
- Coordinate with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for construction. Provide technical support to the Facilities and Maintenance organization as a system POC
- Perform other duties as needed
- Limited to some maintenance personnel
This is what you’ll need:
-Associates in Electronics/ Engineering -0-3 years
Previous experience in industrial or manufacturing sites preferred
- Knowledge of Electrical/Mechanical/HVAC
- Experience with Arc flash studies
- Experience working with power distribution
- Experience with ground work studies
- Ability to use CAD for layout and design purposes
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Advanced Manufacturing and Strategy
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.