Senior System Test Engineer - Connectivity
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
This is what you’ll do:
· Develop detailed test plans and scripts to validate telematics, signal integrity, connectivity, audio, body controls, for all phases of product testing and certification
· Responsible for delivering high quality Infotainment for automotive applications through engineering verification, functional, lifecycle and production testing of systems involving SoC, memory systems, LVDS, A2B, Ethernet, Bluetooth, CAN etc.
· Design automation test systems for engineering verification and validation that can be scaled for End of Line (EOL) at contract manufacturing and vehicle sub-assembly lines, for maximum test throughput and minimal downtime
· Smoke test on daily software builds
· Perform regression tests against the changes in software
· Produce detailed test reports test reporting, defect tracking and supportive functions
· Write test scripts, application software for test automation for power, digital and RF applications
· Debug and diagnose issues with development engineers involving software white/black box testing for Apps, BT/Wifi Connectivity, HMI, Navigation, domains on automotive infotainment modules.
· Work closely with other Validation and Test teams within Rivian to recreate, troubleshoot issues and review test plans and results
· Actively participate in design reviews, DFMEA, DFM analysis and PFMEA discussions
this is what you’ll need:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
· 5 or more years of experience in Consumer, Automotive or Aerospace electronics or related industries that involve embedded systems with displays/touch, high speed communication interfaces, analog, audio, RF etc.
· Experienced in all aspects of System testing from design to manufacturing. Working experience with automated test environment /Manual Test benches, Test environment setup and debugging
· Proficiency with serial data communication including: CAN, LIN, I2C, and SPI
· Minimum 2-3 years experience writing Python, CAPL, C/C++ or LabVIEW based test automation applications
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Connected Car & Digital Experience – Systems Engineering
Location: San Jose, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.