Systems Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Vehicle Dynamics /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Systems Engineering of complex Chassis mechatronics including; adaptive damping, air suspension, torque vectoring, and traction control
· Connect Vehicle level features and requirements to the Chassis Systems domain to create innovative solutions
· Work cross functionally with other system domains to deliver complex distributed functions
· Work directly with Chassis Hardware and Software engineers to design, develop, implement, and test integrated Chassis Systems
· Support Functional Safety concept definition and implementation
· Work at all levels of the V-model to ensure system delivery
· Deliver system level engineering analysis including DFMEA, DVP, requirements documentation, FSC, and boundary diagrams
· Support component hardware and software engineering
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Knowledge of Chassis mechatronic systems
· Working understanding of vehicle networks (CAN)
· Must be familiar with DFMEA/DVPR usage and review of these documents
· Experience fulfilling ISO26262
· Understanding of automotive development processes and V-cycle
· Ability to understand Engineering direction and provide design concepts accordingly
· Collaborate with larger teams of peer designers, engineers, functional teams
· Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Vehicle Dynamics
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.