ITSM Process and Platform Lead
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
The Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Process and Platform Lead is responsible for designing, managing, and reporting on the core IT processes, such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Service Catalog, Service Portal, CMDB, Service Mapping, Service Catalog etc. S/he will drive the design, configuration and implementation of a related solution. S/he is a subject matter expert in the specific process areas, representing the processes to all stakeholder, reporting on performance, and developing recommendations for continual service improvement.
· Plans, designs, and implements ITSM processes to meet current and evolving business requirements of internal stakeholders across the company
· Manages the development of procedures, work instructions, and templates to support process execution
· Leads the configuration and implementation of a solution that supports those processes
· Leverages knowledge and hands-on experience to identify and champion recommendations for improvements opportunities for each process area
· Monitors processes within the environment and throughout the ITSM process life cycle; validates adherence to specified process requirements and measurement activities; leads quality assurance activities related to process
· Ensures compliance with process-specific standards and policies
· Leads analysis, evaluation, and assessment of process performance measurements
· Applies process improvement, reengineering methodologies, and best practice principles to design and implement process modernization and improvements
· Configure, deploy and ensure adoption of selected service management tools and processes
· Performs as a self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team
this is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor's degree required.
· 10+ years of related work experience
· 5+ years leading ITSM process and platform implementations
· Deep working knowledge of the Service Management workflows and ITSM processes
· Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
· Leading cross-functional teams (with no direct authority) to meet project schedules and milestones
· Strong expertise in clearly documenting and explaining ITSM processes
· Ability to think long-term while meeting immediate needs and challenge conventional wisdom in the ITSM space
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
· Advanced ITIL certifications
· Advanced hands-on experience leading ServiceNow or similar tool implementations
· Experience working in large process improvement projects
· Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control
· Ability to adapt quickly to learn new tool's, new technologies, and current industry standards
· Problem solving and critical thinking mindset
Ability to Travel:
10% to 25% travel at Rivian locations (as needed)
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.