Irvine, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
The Workplace Facility Technician will support the Workplace Manager and overall team. This role will manage preventative maintenance, equipment, vendor set-up, furniture builds, furniture deployment, incoming ticket requests, assist in space management and much more.
This is what you'll do:
- Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems
- Maintain and operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment
- Onboard, manage and submit POs for vendors
- Track and maintain budget for building maintenance
- Support EH&S team by complying with all safety procedures and requirements
- Prepare and respond to work orders in a timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Regularly conduct space walkthroughs to ensure the highest standards on space cleanliness, organization, and proactive maintenance needs
- Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation for the site
- Be the onsite point of contact for all technical facility needs
- Assist in commissioning new spaces (facilities, labs, offices) new office set-up
- Complete onsite moves and set-up
This is what you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years of facility maintenance experience
- A positive and engaging attitude
- Prior experience as a facility technician
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Experience with power tools and building furniture
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Basic Microsoft Office abilities and proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
- Ability to be flexible and change practices that are not accomplishing needed results
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.