Manager, Service Material Planning & Accessories
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Responsible for Service and Accessories Material planning against the Global Demand Forecast. This position will motivate, challenge, and lead a team of material planners in driving part procurement execution to support the global service network.
You will collaborate and maintain an operational partnership with Service Engineering, NPI, Demand Planning, Accessories, and Rivian’s global distribution network to successfully execute MRP planning in Rivian’s ERP system and ensure supply continuity across our global network.
· Develop and execute Material Planning KPIs to improve service, eliminate backlog, and reduce excess/obsolete materials to enable predictive performance and financial planning
· Manage the Service Planning MRP system parameters and master data to meet target inventory levels and service goals across the team while maintaining cost objectives and minimizing obsolescence
· Lead and motivate a diverse group of people to execute MRP planning in a flexible and dynamic work environment
· Manage strong supplier relationships by deploying accurate supply requirements via MRP and acting as the primary point for escalation to ensure supply continuity throughout the service network
· Monitor team performance through exception management reporting, supply constraints escalations, and proactive monitoring of the forecast identifying key shifts.
· Collaborate with demand planning, GSMs, global distribution centers, engineering, and other partners to understand demand forecast drivers that will impact supply continuity.
· Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian’s platform and new technologies
· Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
· Advise and adjust organization on new strategic developments to scale, automate, and grow
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 7-10+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis in Material Planning, Logistics planning or similar fields within Supply Chain Management
· BA,BS or MBA preferred in related discipline
· Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP with focused experience on product lifecycle management, EDI communications, bills of material, supply chain operations, and procure to pay processes (Service Planning and SAP experience a plus)
· Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
· Experience in leading teams with a proven track record of performance in an automotive/high-tech environment
· Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities to allow decision-making or presenting recommendations to the business.
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
· Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.