Sr. Manufacturing Engineer-Paint and Plastics
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Design and implement processes & equipment to grow production capacity in line with corporate goals.
· Partner with production engineers and leaders to ensure a successful ramp and long-term production.
· Provide product feedback to design engineering teams to ensure manufacturability without compromising product function or performance.
· Ensure achievement of safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets on all projects.
· Provide regular, metric-based project updates to the management team with proposed solutions for any gaps.
· Create and update engineering standards to support current and future projects
· Actively look for ways to add value beyond specifically assigned scope of work, including support of other teams at Rivian.
· Support other engineers on the team with technical solutions.
· Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
· Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
· 7+ years of experience in an engineering role.
· Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing skills and concepts (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, etc.).
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
· Ability to work autonomously on a project from definition through final execution.
· Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Experienced in working within 2D & 3D CAD environments.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA; Normal, IL; Irvine, CA
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Irvine CA and Palo Alto CA, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.