Battery Test Technician - Mechanical
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Propulsion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Support execution of mechanical tests in the Rivian test facility and at third party laboratories
· Collect, store and transmit of all raw test data
· Support achievement of test schedule based
· Ensure all lab safety protocols are followed
· Operate equipment and instruments for various mechanical and durability tests
· Automate tests where applicable
· Support FMEA efforts
· Support failure analysis activities during development, throughout production life and after-market.
This is what you’ll need:
· 2-year degree in mechanical or industrial technology, or closely related subject
· Minimum 5 years automotive experience in related field
· Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical test methods and equipment preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods preferred
· Strong knowledge of use of various tools, lifting equipment, fixture design and fabrication methods
· Prior experience working with high voltage systems preferred
· Familiarity with statistical tools, DOEs and packages such as JMP / Minitab
· Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D)
· High energy and self-motivated
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
· Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal
· ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
This is where you’ll work:
Department: ESS – Test & Validation
Location: Irvine 1
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.