Sr. Workplace Operations Manager
Normal, IL /
Facilities – Facilities /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Rivian is looking for a dynamic and self-starting Sr. Workplace Operations Manager to lead workplace operations and facilities services at Rivian’s manufacturing plant in Normal, Illinois. This individual will be responsible for managing the on-site team, oversee over 2M square feet of facilities, and will also be the primary liaison between for workplace and facilities services for all department stakeholders at the site.
· LEAD: Responsible for leading the Workplace team with enthusiasm.
· SPACE MANAGEMENT: Collaborate with the Manufacturing organization and other site stakeholders to gather future space needs and evaluate current space usage to inform the site master plan. Consolidate site space needs and collaborate with end users, design, construction, central engineering, manufacturing, and other support teams to execute against the master plan. This includes maintaining office and site blocking plans and headcount forecasting.
· MOVES AND RELOCATIONS: A manufacturing operation requires managing office and development space in a dynamic manner. This role will be responsible to leading people and equipment moves.
· SERVICES: Manage the on-site operations for culinary, janitorial, mail operations, exteriors and groundskeeping, events, other workplace services, and vendor management.
· OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE: Create and manage key performance indicators to measure performance for workplace team, services provided, and projects. Take action to correct when not achieving performance goals.
· PARTNER: Effectively partner with various departments to create a great workplace; the primary partners are Manufacturing, Central Engineering, People and Process, EHS, IT, Sustainability, Security, Logistics,
· PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Lead workplace projects by defining scopes of work, creating a strategic plan, receive input from stakeholders, and execute.
· BUDGET MANAGEMENT: Manage annual operating expenditure budget and capital budget for the Operations team.
· ASSETT MANAGEMENT: Track and manage Facilities and Workplace assets.
· EVENT COORDINATION: Participate in planning efforts and event execution for all events at the Normal, IL facilities.
· CONTINUE TO MAKE RIVIAN A GREAT PLACE TO WORK: Continuously evaluate the work space Rivian provides to their employees and generate ideas on how to improve the spaces, services, processes, and programs to consistently align with company priorities and employee needs.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Experience leading a team and managing people
· 8 years of experience in facilities management and workplace services
· 5 years of project management experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Bluebeam Revu
· Ability to read and understand construction documents
· A customer service oriented personality who brings positive energy and happiness to the workplace!
· Fantastic communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
· An open mind to change practices that are not accomplishing the desired results.
· The desire to keep the work adventurous forever!
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.