Principal Product Manager (Fleet SaaS)
Palo Alto, CA /
Strategy – Digital Commerce /
As the Principal Product Manager of Fleet SaaS you will help build the platform B2B customers leverage post-purchase and delivery to efficiently operate Rivian’s commercial vehicles throughout their ownership lifecycle. Customers include the Amazon Rivian Prime Van, Rivan operated fleets and unannounced vehicle formats serving the mobility, logistics, service, government and sales segments. You will design a scalable and personalized fleet management customer experience across multiple digital surfaces by working across stakeholders in digital commerce, fleet management, vehicle services, charging, customer service, vehicle reliability, cloud and data science among others. You will enable a significant revenue stream for Rivian and provide deep, actionable and ongoing insights that ultimately drive new vehicle sales and inform future vehicle, hardware and software roadmaps across the company. This is a high impact role with significant visibility across the organization.
This is what you’ll do:
· Work with design, cloud and data teams to launch modular customer portals, interactive dashboards and apps that improve asset utilization, enhance driver safety and lower the total cost of vehicle ownership
· Build an automotive SaaS platform for our B2B fleet customers, vehicles and field operations that enables a seamless, digital customer experience and unifies a diverse ecosystem of vehicle telematics, connected devices and over-the-air updates.
· Define the base and value-add SaaS feature set that makes Rivian’s commercial business line the global leader in Fleet, creates stickiness with our customers and accelerates vehicle sales across multiple asset types
· Work cross-functionally with strategy and various domain teams to define go-to-market product positioning, pricing and joint hardware/software roadmaps.
· Act as the external product lead for major fleet customers and champion these requirements internally by writing user stories, product requirements and defining the product roadmap with design and engineering
this is what you’ll need:
· 10+ years of experience in digital product management across SaaS, mobility or consumer tech. verticals
· 4+ years managing teams with the ability to recruit strong product managers in a competitive market
· Proven history of converting learnings from complex data sets into useful product features that customer love
· Experience working closely with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs
· Comfort building platforms that integrate across multiple 3rd party providers and ecosystems
· History of working through ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1
· Ability to articulate a product vision and rally resources to build it
· Be highly capable at working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
· Track record of succeeding in matrixes organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Background in a technical field, finance, consulting and/or hyper-growth companies a plus
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto, Ca
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.