Senior System Software Engineer, Telematics
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you’ll do:
· Develop embedded software for a telematics module
· Responsible for system services, daemons, priorities, configurations, fault management and overall system performance
· Develop middleware components for Linux
· Develop system-wide telemetry and logging frameworks that can scale
· Develop software for vehicle interfaces/protocols over CAN, Ethernet
· Test and validation of firmware and SW components to ensure highest code quality
· Collaborate with chip vendors to modify and integrate firmware components, modules and libraries
· Work with cross-functional teams - BSP, DevOps, middleware and application developers to ensure build system is serving team’s needs
This is what you’ll need:
· BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 7+ years of software development experience in wireless or electronics industry 3 + years of development experience with embedded Linux, board support package and networking stack
· Strong technical competency in real-time systems for wireless products
· Prior experience implementing Firmware/Software updates or OTA solutions for embedded devices
· Very strong C/C++ programming skills
· Prior experience developing complex state machines and scheduling algorithms
· Excellent analytical, communications skills and takes ownership to deliver results
Additional Preferred skills:
· Solid working knowledge in one or more wireless technologies like 802.11x, Bluetooth, GPS or LTE
· Extensive embedded Linux experience
· Contributions to open source projects
· Good understanding of ARM architectures
· Familiar with secure boot, HSM, Trust Zone
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.