Vehicle Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Commercial – Delivery and Field Operations /
We are looking for a proven leader to run our day to day operations on our sites. You will own the onsite logistics operations including planning, scheduling, hiring, training, and coordinating with other onsite managers to meet customer needs. You will drive optimization and efficiency through data, and process refinement with a focus on lean principles to surface bottlenecks and inefficiency, seeking a resolution at a root cause. You will need to possess strong communication and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You will need the ability to build and affect culture through buy in and persuasion. As a hands-on leader, you will own feedback and development of associates with a focus to promote from within.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build operations and processes using lean principles
- Effectively plan by using reporting and forecasting to coordinate schedules and pivot resources as needed to meet customer demand
- Identify, refine and develop team goals; ensure the Vehicle Operations team is tracking to achieve those goals
- Work with senior leadership on process creation and strategy as targets and volume scale with business growth
- Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Communicate priorities to Vehicle Operations group, external teams, and senior leadership; motivate your team to excellence
- Complete all tasks and skilled work that Vehicle Operations is responsible for; doesn’t hesitate to jump in and be “hands on” to get work complete and meet targets
- Analyze data and reports to make sound decisions
- Organize and prioritize work effectively for your team and yourself
- Train, develop, and promote internal talent through effective and timely feedback as well as consistent performance reviews
- Enforce high standards in process execution through daily lot walks, observations, and feedback
- Manage printing and storage of DMV documentation in support of Title & Registration and Delivery Operations teams
- Collaborate with other teams to create SOPs and workflow documentation to support organizational goals
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 4+ of Operations Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3+ experience with lean principles (visual management, Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba)
- Ability to analyze reports and create action plans based on data
- Prior experience with EV and Auto Ecommerce a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 60% of the time)
- Ability to create and manage multiple schedules
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Commercial Operations
- Location: El Segundo, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.