Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Battery Shop /
This is what you’ll do:
· Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
· Collect all material and equipment needed to begin the process
· Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
· Check output to ensure highest quality
· Maintain equipment in good condition
· Keep records of production quantities and time
· Report issues, malfunction or defective parts
· Apply sound problem solving skills in order to maintain a high standard of quality to our customers
· Maintain a strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures, thereby clearly identifying irregularities that may cause damage or inefficiency and prescribing corrective measures to improves these processes.
This is what you’ll need:
· High School degree or GED preferred
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to work safely
· Some manufacturing experience preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.