Manufacturing Engineering Winter Internship
Normal, IL /
Internship Information - Winter 2021
Timing: January 2021- April 2021
Location: Normal, IL
Position type: Seasonal, Full-time
Paid: Hourly, Non-Exempt
This is what you’ll do:
· Design and implement processes & equipment to grow production capacity in line with corporate goals.
· Partner with Production Engineers and Leaders to ensure successful ramp and long term production.
· Provide product feedback to Design Engineering Teams to ensure product manufacturability without compromising on end-functionality and performance.
· Ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are achieved on all projects.
· Provide regular, metric-based project updates to management team.
· Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
· Be part of a world-class Engineering Team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
This is what you’ll need:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment from a relevant internship or full-time position and familiarity with key manufacturing concepts (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, etc.) a strong plus.
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects.
· Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including external stakeholders.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience working in both 2D & 3D CAD environments.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Irvine CA and Palo Alto CA, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.