Cloud Security Lead
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· The cloud security lead at Rivian is a critical role as we build a scalable and secure infrastructure for our customers
· You will work with multiple functions in the IT organization as well as DevOps at R&D departments
· You will implement the capabilities designed by the architecture team to support various functions of security
· You will research, implement, and automate detection capabilities to support incident response
· You will work on security event enrichment
· You will support and preform testing as well as implementation of new technologies
this is what you’ll need:
· 4+ years of AWS cyber security experience
· Experience with:
o Working with AWS native services including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, IAM, CloudFormation, Terraform
o Working with DevSecOps models
o Establishing security controls for AWS-based programs and applications, such as (MACIE, AWS Security Hub, GuardDuty, Inspector,
Certificate Manager, Amazon Detective, AWS CloudTrail)
o Implementing Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) technologies as well as Cloud workload protection platform (CWPP)
o Incident response experience in an AWS environment
o Implementing security controls in a serverless highly scalable environment
· Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cyber security controls
· Advise project teams on security requirements for new projects
· Research, evaluate, and implement new security prototypes to meet an ever-evolving cyber risk posture
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly desired
· Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Cyber Security
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.