Irvine, CA /
Accounting and Finance – Finance /
Join the fastest growing Finance team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and effectiveness of every aspect of corporate finance. This Financial Associate role will assist the Product Development Finance team primarily with monthly accruals for Body Engineering (what Body Engineering spending took place on an accrual basis in the prior month) and headcount allocations (how many engineers are working on each development program, and how do they split their time if they’re working on multiple programs).
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Calculate accurate engineering spending accruals and submit them to the Accounting team on a monthly basis; this entails requesting monthly goods receipt updates from buyers and engineers
· Assist Product Development Finance team with using accrual data to reprofile future spending curves in upcoming forecasts
· Assist with gathering headcount allocation information and develop better processes and/or files that improve the accuracy and efficiency of gathering this information
· Develop management reports summarizing headcount cost and timing changes
· Support and prepare Vehicle Line Controllers with product development gateway materials and forecast variance reporting
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Basic accounting knowledge; familiarity with accrual-based accounting
· Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding of business performance, decision making, and communication
· Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
· Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user)
· Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
· Extremely detail orientated
· At least two of the following:
o Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
o At least 1 year of experience in corporate finance, corporate accounting, or public accounting
o CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Finance - Product Development Finance
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.