Operations Manager, New Market Launch
Palo Alto, CA /
Commercial – Delivery and Field Operations /
This is what you’ll do:
As the Operations Manager, New Market Launch you will partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders to stand up commercial operations in emerging markets. To be successful in role, you will bring tactical & hyper-organized programs to life. You will leverage a customer-centric mindset to drive operations, establish market specific KPIs, and align new markets to organizational KPIs.
What You’ll Do:
· Lead the development of market-specific plans for launch and sustainable scaling
o Identify market-specific consumer behaviors
o Identify & solve for market specific operational constraints (regulatory, legal, permitting)
· Oversee special programs to create lift in newly minted areas of the business
· Partner with stakeholders to ensure compliance in processes across all areas of the customer-facing business
· Collaborate to spearhead new lanes into undefined/future markets
· Lead analysis of operations as applied to new markets
The processes and tools required to stand up the above should be implemented and matured on a timeframe supporting rapidly scaling delivery.
This is what you’ll need:
· Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced and iterative environment
· Proven track record of executing multiple complex projects simultaneously from start to finish
· Previous international experience advantageous
· Passion for operations and process improvement principles
· In depth understanding and track record of excellence in in scaling businesses and operations
· 5+ years of experience in operations with an emphasis in supply chain
· MBA or equivalent experience
· An innovative, customer-centric mindset and approach
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Commercial Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.