Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Transaction to Delivery)
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer, Mobile who will be developing large scale mobile applications across iOS/Android phone/tablet. She/He will be among the first group of engineers joining this team and be the anchor of this growing team.
This Is What You’ll Do
· Create mobile applications along the customer journey that range from buying schwags from store, configuring their vehicles to scheduling their service
· Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
· Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling , memory usage, load time of the apps
· Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high quality bar is maintained
This Is What You’ll Need
· 4+ years of relevant industry experience, with 7+ years of mobile application development experience
· Solid experience in building React Native applications leveraging React Native bridge to native applications
· Working experience in one or more native applications iOS/Android leveraging Java/Kotlin/Objective-C/Swift
· Experience working with cloud based applications and related technologies like Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP
· Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
· Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
· Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
This Is Where You’ll Work
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and Palo Alto, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.