Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Design and Release responsibility for ADAS components (radars, lidars, cameras) including all elements of hardware and software
· Responsible for design, development using CAE, test data analysis, release of various ADAS components, leading function, fit, durability, reliability, assembly, feasibility & NVH performance
· Creation and testing of the DVP&R, DFMEA, GD&T, Functional Safety, statement of requirements (SOR) and component technical specifications (CTS) for ADAS components.
· Developing and managing your part system, subsystem, and component information through the Enovia PLM to Catia V6 environment
· Lead the response to and close issues for assigned components arising from packaging, vehicle integration testing, durability, manufacturing, serviceability, etc.
· Participate in design reviews and trade-off discussions with other groups for design issues that cross into other areas such as body and interior
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
· 5-8 years of increasing responsibility at a major tier one developing or at an OEM releasing Electrified Components
· Proficiency with standard 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or V6
· Prior DFMEA training / Experience
· Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent partnering, and negotiation skills.
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills Preferred
· Intense technical curiosity
· Project Management experience is preferred, including the ability to plan projects and the ability to control, execute, risk mitigate and communicate project status.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: San Jose
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.