Head of Fleet Applications and Controls Engineering
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Rivian is developing a Fleet Applications and Control Software platform that will build fleet software solutions and applications together with a performance dashboard and analytics solutions that Rivian leverages to improve its entire fleet of vehicles over time.
This role is responsible to lead the development and growth of the Fleet Applications and Control Software platform engineering team to fulfill Rivian's Fleet Solutions strategy
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Work closely with multiple stakeholders to decide on technology and the implementation strategy on a wide range of applications and functions such as vehicle tracking, maintenance, reliability, safety & security, driver management, education, and compliance and proactive decision making based on insight and analytics.
· Play a significant role for Rivian and provide deep, actionable and ongoing insights that will impact future vehicle, hardware and software technologies, roadmaps across the company as well as helping us minimize our carbon footprint.
· Ensure the best in class software development practices, coding rules, reviews, test and release methodology and as well as quality and performance of product features to specifications.
· Communicate and support effectively with the various internal teams on dependencies and schedule.
· Hire, ramp up, manage and maintain highly performing engineering team and culture
· Establish and lead technology strategy and decisions cross-functionally partnering with architecture team and other stake holder
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED:
· 12+ years of experience leading software and SaaS teams ideally in automotive or consumer technology companies
· Bachelor of Science in Computer/Software/Engineering / Technology (Master is a plus)
· Experience and track record to set up engineering team and demonstrate excellent leadership of technology development & ramp; deployment into major projects.
· Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in visualization, analytics, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
· Experience in creating dashboards and visualization tools that tells clear & crisp data stories.
· Experience building web and mobile frontends with common frame works such as (HTML/CSS), React, React-Native, Swift, Java
· Familiarity working closely with UX/UI design teams and knowledge of modern UI design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, or Invision
· Experience developing with RESTful APIs using frameworks and languages such as Spring Boot, NodeJS, Golang, python etc.
· Experience with AWS managed services and data bases (dynamodb, etc..)
· Experience with tools for CI/CD
· Good understanding of oAuth.
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional
· Sets dramatic, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, Vancouver, Canada as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.