Manufacturing IT - Software QA Manager
Normal, IL /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Collaborate with various product managers to ensure requirements defined have been captured in test cases and have traceability.
· Implement and execute test strategies on all supported platforms and languages to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
· Work closely with Product Managers to keep realistic schedules and identify task dependencies.
· Coordinate the setup of each testing environment, ensuring refreshes of data sets and access is scheduled as needed for each iteration of testing.
· Design and develop advanced test suites using object-oriented methodologies.
· Assist with performing test execution, test analysis and debugging review with vendors and business users.
· Document results of tests for the software development team
· Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
· Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
· Works together with the software developer to enhance and improve programs
· Research and compare similar competitor products
· Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements
· Participate in daily team and business status meetings.
· Responsible for execution and alerting of teams and managers of obstacles, issues, and risks.
· Ability to discuss status of all open issues facing the test team and describes actions taken to mitigate them.
· Write automated test cases if needed using various automation tools.
These are the skills you’ll need:
· Work with Agile and CI/ CD methodology
· Should be able to execute both functional and automation testing
· Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes, and tools (Selenium, Python or any programming language, Appium, JIRA, SDLC, Test Management tool –ALM, Zephyr).
· Knowledge of relational databases/SQL.
· Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools.
· Collaborate with Business Analyst and Developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases.
· Good knowledge of Web/UI testing.
· Define, implement, and maintain test plans, test specifications and test suites.
· Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
· Able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
This is the education and experience you should have:
· College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineering or a related subject required.
· More than 5 years or experience in Manufacturing Software QA environment
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology
Location: Rivian Assembly Plant and Manufacturing HQ in Normal, Illinois
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.