Staff Android Mobile App Developer
Vancouver, BC /
Engineering and Programs – Software and Mobile App Software /
The Vancouver team is chartered to develop mobile, software applications and SDKs for Rivian products and composed of developers of all backgrounds with experience in IOS, Android, SDKs, IoT, Bluetooth, and Security... and we are growing!
Outside of work our team is chock full of adventure seekers in all senses of the phrase. We have lived and traveled around the world, we ski and snowboard, we camp and hike, we take up adventurous hobbies like bagpipe playing, we live in adventurous places like float houses, some of us have joined the adventure of raising kids - and some of us have joined the equally adventurous world of raising pets...
But the most adventurous thing we have all done recently is jump ship from the safety of corporate jobs to come together and become Rivian Vancouver
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design and develop Rivian mobile applications and its associated SDK for mobile devices on Android OS
- Develop sample and demo applications making use of our technology
- Collaborating with the and product and the design team to define app features.
- Ensuring quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Fixing application bugs before final release.
- Publishing application on Google Play Store.
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- Upgrading to Android Developer Requirements
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (MS preferred)
- Proven Android app developer with 10+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java, and C++.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, with ease.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Android back-end services.
- Knowledge of Android design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Software & Mobile App Software
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.