Mobile Application Security Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
This is what you’ll do:
- Play a key role in design and implementation of Rivian’s Mobile Application and supporting infrastructure Cybersecurity plan
- Lead and develop requirements, design specifications and test plans for Mobile Application Security
- Evaluate multiple vendor solutions and security tools and make recommendations
- Analyze threats & vulnerabilities and perform Risk assessments and penetration tests.
- Implement and test Cloud-based cybersecurity solutions for Connected Vehicles
- Collaborate with Security testing, Incident response, Security monitoring and other teams to ensure Rivian’s digital infrastructure for Connected vehicles is highly secure
- Collaborate with Application software and Cloud development teams to ensure Security features and functions are correctly implemented
This is what you’ll need:
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in enterprise penetration testing with an emphasis on Cloud or systems
- Successful track record of implementing and delivering projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions for Rivian’s mobile applications
- Hands-on experience in Android and iOS programming
- Deep understanding of inner-workings of security concepts and mechanisms
- Knowledge of security-related topics such as authentication, entitlements, identity management, data protection, data leakage prevention, validation checking, encryption, hashing, principle of least privilege, software attack methodologies, secure data transfer, secure data storage, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Reverse Engineering of Objective-C code and Java Byte Code
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of Android and iOS cryptography
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Product Cybersecurity
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.