Closures Manufacturing Engineer
Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Stamping Shop /
This is what you’ll do:
· Provide support to the plant to ensure all manufacturing methods are robust and adhered to.
· Work with the Stamping department on quality and processes issues to deliver good parts to vehicle assembly.
· Review operations and implement plans to improve repeatability and productivity.
· Support vehicle development and design team to ensure proper assembly techniques are adhered to and properly documented for use in analysis, sourcing, and assembly.
· Iterate on component design with design and release engineers based on assembly process and joining requirements to ensure a repeatable vehicle build with proper part fits and panel adjustments.
· Support component and system design simplification with an overall push for manufacturing and assembly in design.
· Provide subject matter expertise and support to closures integrators for either parts or equipment design.
· Work as a champion of good, fundamental design across the vehicle.
· Assist in development of closure tooling in plant to support new model launch.
This is what you’ll need:
· Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices.
· Experience with component specification standards and ANSI standards for GD&T.
· Ability to review a design and process and provide suggestion to improve the repeatability of design .
· An interest in advanced technologies and advancements in assembly methods.
· Strong skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc.).
· This is someone who is comfortable on the shop floor as the role will have substantial follow through at the factory.
· Engineering degree or 5 years’ experience in Closures assembly.
· Experience with roller hem operations.
· Experience with aluminum closure assemblies.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.