Global Logistics Analyst
Normal, IL /
Logistics – Logistics /
This is what you’ll do:
· Manage inbound transportation shipment execution for primarily International shipments, including exception management, data analytics, and document management, for a global automotive supply chain. Some ad hoc domestic shipment execution is possible.
· Load tendering of shipments within the Rivian TMS to freight forwarders, steamship lines, and parcel carriers.
· Track and trace to ensure shipments are delivered on time and updates provided to the business.
· Work closely with Production Control, Supply Chain, and other Logistics Team Members.
· Support the corporate cross-functional consensus behind a shared vision of inbound logistics.
· Develop and maintain communication with all partner departments (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Strategy, etc.)
· Drive planning for adequate carrier capacity and warehouse space to keep pace with volume growth. Partner with Purchasing to supply data needed for informed, effective RFQ processes.
· Anticipate challenges and disruptions to transportation flow and design mitigation strategies.
· Drive company compliance with logistics processes and global trade regulations.
· This is primarily a tactical role focused on execution and operations.
· Some travel is required (10-15%)
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics/Transportation, or other related field
· A minimum of 3 years logistics (or materials) and transportation experience is required
· Flexibility to think strategically and act tactically
· Ability to develop and interpret business intelligence/data to drive execution and decision-making
· Ability to gain trust and communicate constructively with stakeholders across the organization to resolve complicated issues.
· In-depth understanding of International shipment execution and trade compliance requirements including border crossings between Mexico and Canada.
· Experience working within a Transportation Management System (TMS).
· Hands-on experience working with SAP is a plus.
· Ability to effectively work within a team, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a culture of rapid change.
· Creative problem-solving skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Passion for developing and managing a transparent culture and cross-departmental relationships.
· Exceptional communication skills: written, oral, and presentation/educational.
· Strong knowledge of multi-modal (air, parcel, ground, ocean, customs brokerage) logistics operations and milestones; knowledge of multi-modal pricing models a plus.
· Ability to identify process compliance failures and regulatory risks.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.