Staff iOS Mobile App Developer
Vancouver, BC /
Engineering and Programs – Software and Mobile App Software /
The Vancouver team is chartered to develop mobile, software applications and SDKs for Rivian products and composed of developers of all backgrounds with experience in IOS, Android, SDKs, IoT, Bluetooth, and Security... and we are growing!
Outside of work our team is chock full of adventure seekers in all senses of the phrase. We have lived and travelled around the world, we ski and snowboard, we camp and hike, we take up adventurous hobbies like bagpipe playing, we live in adventurous places like floathouses, some of us have joined the adventure of raising kids - and some of us have joined the equally adventurous world of raising pets...
But the most adventurous thing we have all done recently is jump ship from the safety of corporate jobs to come together and become Rivian Vancouver
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and develop Rivian mobile applications and its associated SDK for mobile devices on Apple’s iOS
- Develop sample and demo applications making use of our technology
- Collaborating with the and product and the design team to define app features.
- Ensuring quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Fixing application bugs before final release.
- Publishing application on App Store.
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- Upgrading to iOS Developer Requirements
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proven iOS App development experience with 10+ years
- Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: App Software
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.