Test Automation Manager
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
This Is What You'll Do:
· Provide hands-on technical leadership, management and test development
· Define overall test automation architecture and strategy for Rivian designed ECU hardware components ranging from Autonomous Driving, Connected Car, Battery Management, Vehicle and Body Control systems
· Collaborate with hardware design teams and conduct bench tests in the lab during board bring-up, characterization and validation phases
· Collaborate with software teams by providing test specifications for testing and diagnostic software required to thoroughly validate electronic boards
· Develop test automation frameworks and scripts for end of line and durability testing
· Manage, track and deliver automated functional testers for end of line and durability testing
· Support reliability and life-cycle tests to ensure ECUs meet internal Rivian standards
· Define test specifications for ICT and functional testing for In-line and End-of- Line tests at the electronics contract manufacturer and support maintenance of deployed testers
· Drive optimizations in various test processes to ensure product quality and keeping cost at a minimum
· Define test strategy for verifying and validating RF, Infotainment, ADAS, Battery Management subsystems
· Support ECU level test plans and execute tests efficiently
· Review internal and contract manufacturer provided test results and plan additional testing activities as necessary
This Is What You'll Need:
· 10+ years of experience leading test teams for complex electronics with a wide-variety of sub-systems and components
· Previous experience testing across the complete product life-cycle; from early development, through field sustenance
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing test frameworks and sourcing test equipment
· 4+ years of experience supporting test fixture development, defining ICT and functional tester specifications for electronics manufacturing
· 4+ years of hands-on experience with RF and Wireless sub-system testing
· Previous experience building high-performing teams
· Exude sound judgment and decision-making abilities
· Ability to advocate for process improvement and being a team player
· Ability to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with a holistic understanding of Test and it's role in the product development process
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
· Hands-on expertise in developing comprehensive test strategies & test development
· Experience working with contract manufacturers and deployment of automated testers
· Ability to operate under minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment
This Is Where You'll Work:
Department: Low Voltage Electrical – Test and Validation
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian:
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.