Regional Delivery & Mobile Operations Manager, Central
Chicago, IL /
Commercial – Delivery and Field Operations /
We are seeking a proven leader to help us scale the future of EV test drives & deliveries. The Delivery and Mobile Operations Regional Manager will oversee a portfolio of up to 20 Central markets, owning the offsite mobile operations including planning, hiring, training, and coordinating with other cross-functional managers to meet customer needs. You will drive optimization and efficiency through data, and process refinement. You will need to possess strong communication skills and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You are ready to climb (literal & figurative) mountains to deliver the best e-commerce experience on the planet.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and set KPI goals to support operational initiatives
- Manage headcount and budget for their Delivery Operations region
- Thrive in difficult, complex and ambiguous situations; use a mix of prior experience and natural curiosity to build unique solutions to some of the toughest problems in automotive
- Hire and develop strong talent with focus on a culture of support and accountability; set up managers and leads to be challenged and to succeed
- Strong problem-solving capabilities to address issues at a root cause; encourage the team to surface issues and present solutions from within
- Possess strong communication capabilities; responsible for delivering tough messages and encourages the team to excel despite obstacles
- Partner with the Service, Vehicle Operations and other departments to analyze market operations and processes to recommend changes that will drive efficiency and lower operating expenses
- Provide accountability and support to the Delivery Operations team by arranging regular onsite visits to meet with market leadership, inspect processes, and engage with team members
- Work with senior leadership on creation of new processes and documentation as targets and volume scale with business growth; implement scalable initiatives to ensure a world-class customer focused operation
- Utilize functional and technical experts to get a holistic view of initiatives and strategy, go the extra mile to ensure all decisions and planning is done with teams and stakeholders
- Enforce high fidelity in document execution to prevent errors and safeguard revenue
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organization; make youself available to assist others with their initiatives and companywide goals
- Be an agent of change that owns effective communication of company messages; ensures that the entire team is kept informed of the vision of our business
- Create clear tactics and action steps when developing high level strategy, coach team to success through a combination of open questions, effective listening, and accountability to both goals and the team success
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8-10 years of Operations Management experience and high-volume businesses with large and diverse employee group across multiple markets
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields; MBA preferred
- Prior proven experience working with a product team to help define operational needs and assist with creating tools and software from scratch
- Experience analyzing reports; creating action plans based on data using tools like Excel, Tableau, and internal reporting to identify trends and drive results
- Prior experience with EV and Auto Ecommerce a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations
- Track record of successfully scaling a field organization
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 50% of the time)
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Delivery & Field Operations
- Location: Chicago, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.