Technical Program Manager, Self Driving
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
• Plan, create and maintain complex software schedules for multiple programs
• Create and execute work streams for Agile SW development teams based on program needs
• Collaborate with different engineering managers, technical leads and developers in establishing agile processes that meets the team and programs needs
• Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like Hardware, SW, Test and other partners in identifying team’s dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks
• Anticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets up the team for success
Lead bug scrub meetings with the team and represent the team cross-functionally
• Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems
• Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues, when the team encounters challenging issues or obstacles
This is what you’ll need:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical engineering or other related technical fields
• 3+ years of experience in Technical or Engineering program management or engineering leadership roles
• 5+ years of experience in Automotive or related industries involving both hardware and software components
• Proven technology and technical program management expertise in delivering new technologies and products, and in managing teams in matrix organizations across multiple locations
• Experienced with agile processes and running scrum meetings
• Excellent critical thinking and experienced in handling trade-offs
• Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills
• Experience in ADAS, Autonomous vehicle systems and/or sensors
• Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally
• Experience with leading hardware projects
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit and San Francisco, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.