PLM Solutions Senior Analyst
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Respond and support general engineering application requests – CAD, PLM/PDM, Systems Engineering
· Respond and support engineering support requests – incidents, change requests, training requests, methods development
· Be a local application expert in engineering applications
· Lead, identify, and implement applications to meet engineering & PLM needs in collaboration with business stakeholders
· Stay informed of industry trends and best practices in the engineering technical domain and apply these perspectives to Rivian’s business plans and projects
· Contribute to development of Engineering and PLM IT roadmaps
· Gather business requirements, develop technical specifications, create detailed solution design, perform construction, configuration and testing of IT solutions
· Execute architectural and capability analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution
· Analyze and revise existing systems and documentation to identify remedies or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution
· Collaborate effectively with diverse set of stakeholders
This is what you’ll need:
· Facilitation - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus
· Industry Knowledge and Expertise – Awareness of technology and Manufacturing process trends across the industry
· Requirements Analysis – Ability to prioritize and elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements to meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders
· Solution Assessment & Validation - Ability to assess proposed solutions against desired business capabilities, considering the organization, and its readiness to transition to the solution
· Solution Design – Ability to execute the activities involved in conceptualizing, defining architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems
· Relationship Management – Ability to quickly create relationships and partnerships with stakeholders; is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions
· Decision Making - Consider the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· In-depth knowledge of 3DExperience (or relevant PLM tool) application & technical architecture to configure/extend solutions.
· Excellent Strong knowledge of database architecture and experience in MQL on 3DExperience
· Experience in code optimization & performance tuning
· Experience in development on one or more than one modules – CATIA/ENOVIA/DELMIA
· College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required
· 3-5 years relevant experience with engineering systems required. Automotive or Discrete Manufacturing experience will be plus
· Experience desired: Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), 3DExperience, Cadence OrCAD, JAMA
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.