System Safety Architect
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – System Architecture /
This is what you’ll do:
· Drive architectural definition, design and analysis, and development of hardware or software with support for functional safety certification during all project phases (concept, design, development and validation)
· Review end-to-end system use cases for System perspective, and propose software and hardware design allowing to meet those requirements
· Work with cross-functional teams to develop hazard analysis, safety concepts, and DFMEA for the relevant sub-systems/domain, and take ownership of these work products including their approvals
· Promote safety culture in the company and guide development teams towards successful implementation of ISO 26262 and support internal/external ISO 26262 process/product audits
This is what you’ll need:
· Deep knowledge of automotive software development process and the V-Model system development, verification and validation framework
· An intimate knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience developing and delivering the major work products of a functional safety program
· Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of functional safety work products.
· Experience with Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Failure Modes Effect and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA)
· A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best product
· A collaborative approach to working closely with development teams
· Experience with functional safety tools and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama)
· Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills Preferred
· Experience working in an Agile development environment and using related tool
· Knowledge of CMMI and Automotive Space and their role in delivering a quality product
· BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering
· A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a functional safety engineer or related role
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Engineering and Programs - System Architecture
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.