Principal PM, Digital
Palo Alto, CA /
Strategy – Digital Commerce /
As a Principal PM Digital you will be responsible for the digital ecosystem that powers and connects Rivian’s physical fleet operations to our commercial vehicle customers. Specifically, you will define and build seamless customer experiences across multiple domains including vehicle services, charging, and vehicle management. Creating this connected, digital dealer platform is a true differentiator for Rivian and unique in the OEM fleet space. This is a high impact role with meaningful cross-functional and exec-level visibility.
This is what you’ll do:
· Define with operations how our commercial vehicles get charged, serviced and managed in the field to optimize vehicle uptime, lifetime and total cost of ownership for our fleet customers diverse needs
· Enable end-to-end digital and physical customer experiences that predicatively identify service needs, schedule service requests with the right providers at the optimal location and build the digital apps our field teams leverage to deliver seamless execution as we scale.
· Create simple plug & charge experiences for drivers that intelligently optimizes the lifetime of the battery skateboard across an entire fleet based on individual vehicle routes, weights, driver behaviors, grid load etc.
· Enable users to seamless access, control and pay for these solutions from their vehicle and mobile app
· Develop future digital commerce product features that enhance the Rivian Fleet SaaS Solution Platform and drive incremental revenue for the commercial business unit
· Be the external product leader for all B2B solution providers and own the product roadmap helping to prioritize when/what we build, how do we partner and should be buy
· Write user stories, product requirements and define product roadmaps with design and engineering teams while driving cross functional strategy through product execution across multiple domains
this is what you’ll need:
· 10 +years of experience in digital product management in SaaS, mobility or consumer technology verticals
· Domain expertise in EV charging, power storage, automotive services, connected vehicles and IoT a plus
· Background in management consulting, investment banking, startups or hyper-growth companies
· Comfort working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
· Track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
· Ability to drive detailed specs while similarly being able to zoom out and see the bigger picture
· History of working through ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience working closely with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs
· Ability to interface with external partners and drive integrations across 3rd party providers and ecosystems
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto, Ca
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.