Electrical Engineer Lead, Facilities
Los Angeles, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will lead varied size and complexity electrical engineering projects as the representative of Rivian and work as a team member with ambitious sustainability and energy goals, including alternative systems, carbon elimination and Net Zero. As the representative of Rivian with external engineer of record partners, you will be qualified to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer all electrical systems or products for a project. Additionally, you will perform a variety of tasks, which may include schematic Revit design, calculations, and field work. Your key responsibilities will include:
· Manage multiple aspects of both internal and external design and execution partners, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination.
· Manage both internal and external engineering team relationships and team communication
· Provide review and oversight of project code documentation and reports.
· Lead technical communication and coordination within the project team, as well as with clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials.
· Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve and document complex technical and design challenges.
· Provide review and oversight of project documentation, including the construction documentation, project manual and specifications.
· Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews on behalf of Rivian.
· Provide review and oversight of the construction administration process including submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, on behalf of Rivian.
· Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the projects.
· Work with internal and external partners to develop sustainable engineering design strategies at the highest level.
· Directly responsible for the review of all projects under your purview.
· Develop project and discipline specific specifications independently.
· Assist in the development of new design standards and specifications.
· Perform field work independently and lead a group of both in-house and external engineers and designers.
· Perform calculations regarding power demand needs.
· Be able to develop and review project scope, budgets, and design approach for all sized projects.
· Give guidance and mentor staff under management.
· Recognize colleagues’ strengths and provides them with ongoing feedback and coaching.
· Oversee and manage multiple projects.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- 10-15+ years of experience in electrical power and lighting design, with a strong background in core/shell and interior architecture, including LEED-certified projects
- Licensed PE
- A strong background in commercial core/shell and interior projects and contemporary knowledge of advanced building technologies, components and suppliers. Project typologies will include production, workplace, R&D, customer/retail, service, charging, and renewable energy
- Experience with LEED preferred Net Zero project experience highly desired
- Experience in the latest in design technology and electrical systems
- Experience in designing photovoltaic (solar power) solutions for buildings is a plus
- Can demonstrate projects in which they designed sustainable energy efficient electrical power and lighting building solutions
- Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination
- Experience resolving complex technical and design issues
- Proficiency with management of Revit/BIM standards and related protocols.
- Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.