NPI Manager, LVE Harnesses
Irvine, CA /
Operations – Procurement Direct /
This is what you’ll do:
· Work closely with Engineering and Program Management teams to identify deliverable schedules and to track development milestone/timing changes.
· Constantly identify long lead time parts, sub-component level parts, materials, and communicate risks and mitigation plans to all related stakeholders.
· Work with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of engineering and qualification samples.
· Support purchasing efforts by placing orders of materials as needed and manage the inventory.
· Manage materials readiness for NPI builds as well as supply continuity into pre-production.
· Manage necessary reordering of parts associated with engineering and manufacturing issues.
· Maintain and track spend against project budgets.
· Coordinate with Logistics and Engineering teams to ensure delivery of components and assemblies for battery packs to support pre-SOP builds.
This is what you’ll need:
· 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Detailed knowledge of harnesses and harness subcomponents (including terminals, connectors, etc)
· Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams.
· Proven experience tracking the progress of multiple projects.
· Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines.
· Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity; oversee multiple projects and make them better.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.